guix-devel

Re: i686-linux GCC package on x86_64

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: i686-linux GCC package on x86_64
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 17:00:53 +0200

Hi,

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> skribis:

> Yes, this is what I had tried.  Sadly it works for all packages that I know of
> except GCC.  Maybe a bug?

Oh, there may be confusion as to which GCC you’re targeting.  That is,
the #:system argument is presumably passed to the “leaf” GCC, but not to
the ones that appear in (gnu packages commencement).

This would need closer investigation, for example by printing the value
of (package-arguments p) for ‘p’ in each of the GCCs you’re interested in.

(Of course this is left as an exercise to the reader.  :-))

HTH,
Ludo’.