guix-devel

Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project

From: P
Subject: Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 17:37:28 +0000

On Saturday, October 12, 2019 5:22 PM, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> -   František Kučera address@hidden [2019-10-12 19:13]:

> > > GNU projects should be feminist
> >
> > It is not clear whether current troubles are linked to feminism or other
> > *ism or just interests of some corporations. But what is clear is that
> > different people have naturally and constantly different opinions on
> > various *isms. And the point is that mixing *isms into the free software
> > development, will cause community breakdown. We would be spending time
> > with pointless quarrels (as you can see right now) instead of developing
> > useful free software for everybody (freedom 0).
>
> It is dividing the community.
>
> Jean

If "women should be welcome in tech" is a step too far for you, then you are
too whiny to be useful in tech.

And technology is ALWAYS political. If you think otherwise, you are naive to an
almost childish level.

Funny how politics in tech are not a problem to you people when it's politics
you already agree with. But now you have to make a tiny sacrifice, improve just
a teensy bit as a human being, and suddenly you're scared.

And if the divide is between "people who want free software to be inclusive"
and "people who don't want their leaders to be held responsible" then I welcome
that divide.