guix-devel

Re: fftwf tests running for 25+ hours - is this normal?

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: fftwf tests running for 25+ hours - is this normal?
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 21:06:47 -0700

Hi Bengt, Matteo, and others,

I've stopped the build.  The process ran for 73 hours and didn't
complete.  I've also noticed that there are no recent builds in Cuirass,
so I wonder: has anyone built fftwf successfully recently?  I was trying
to build fftwf based off of what is currently in the core-updates
branch.

The latest successful build for fftwf 3.3.8 on x86_64-linux was on
September 1st (of this year, I think):

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/1640133/details

It supposedly took 13145 seconds to complete.  However, I'm not sure how
accurate that is, since this other entry for a build on armhf-linux says
it took 1570098173 seconds (is probably some kind of Cuirass bug, since
that puts the supposed start time around the epoch):

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/1690957/details

For now, I'm going to try building an older version of Guix or fftwf and
see how that goes.

Bengt Richter <address@hidden> writes:

> lscpu|grep -i '^CPU m'
> [...]
> grep '^cpu MHz' /proc/cpuinfo

Thanks for this tip!  I can see the CPU speed was reduced to 800 MHz at
one point, but it seems it's back to 2400 MHz now:

$ lscpu  | grep -i '^cpu m'
CPU MHz:             2400.035
CPU max MHz:         2400.0000
CPU min MHz:         800.0000