guix-devel

Re: SLiM graphical login manager and keyboard layout

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: SLiM graphical login manager and keyboard layout
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 10:40:14 -0400

Tanguy Le Carrour <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Guix!
>
> I'm not a Gnome user and I would like to get rid of GDM and use SLiM
> instead.

This kind of question is best asked on help-guix mailing list. :)

> I'm struggling to set the keyboard layout as, apparently,
> slim-service-type is not supposed to be extended as gdm-service-type is.

When I last tried sddm, I was able to swap my layout like so:

(service sddm-service-type
 (sddm-configuration
  (xorg-configuration
   (xorg-configuration
    (keyboard-layout (keyboard-layout "us" "dvorak"))))))

--
Joshua Branson
Sent from Emacs and Gnus