guix-devel

Re: Fwd: Running individual system tests

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Fwd: Running individual system tests
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 13:27:01 +0200

Hello Daniel,

Daniel Schäfer <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm still trying to figure out, how to run a single Guix system test
> without building the entirety of Guix.
> Does anybody do this? Has anybody written a Guix system test for
> something not in Guix? Maybe a personal or work-related project.

You only have to build the entirety of Guix once.  Later invokations of
"make check-system" will re-use the compiled modules from the previous
"make" invokation, and only compile those that changed in the mean time.

Note that 'run-basic-test' also builds a derivation of your Guix
checkout to make it available in the VM.  I suspect this is what you are
referring to?

For out-of-tree tests, you can try to hack 'gnu/tests.scm' and
'build-aux/run-system-tests.scm' to your needs.

HTH!