guix-devel

Re: Clang c++ include path

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Clang c++ include path
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 18:08:23 -0400

Hi Ricardo and Mathieu,

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

>> When running clang on a c++ program, it cannot find c++ std libraries.
>> That's because, those libraries path are hardcoded inside g++ compiler
>> and clang cannot find them.
>
> Does this patch help?

I'd like to request that fixes to LLVM/Clang be done on another branch
for now, or at least that the fixed versions are given a different
variable name.  The reason is that IceCat depends on Rust which depends
on Clang, and there is a chain of *18* Rust compilers that must be built
before IceCat can be built.  On my system, compiling all of those Rust
compilers requires approximately *90 hours* of continuous compiling.

For the sake of Guix users like myself who do not want to trust the
build farm, it would be good for it to remain reasonably viable to build
everything locally.

What do you think?

      Mark