guix-devel

Re: guix pull failed after 8 hours

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: guix pull failed after 8 hours
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 20:23:11 -0800

Hi Giovanni and everyone,

Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden> writes:

> Chris Marusich <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> Has anyone run "guix pull" successfully recently?  I have been trying
>> for days without success.
>
> I was also able to run guix pull on a foreign system a few hours ago and
> on a Guix System a few minutes ago
>
> do you still have problems?

After a few more tries (each of which took multiple hours to fail), it
finally succeeded.  I guess I just got very unlucky.

I've been updating some systems with a fairly old version of Guix, so
perhaps that contributed to the very long "guix pull" times.  It felt
like Guix wanted to compile the whole world just to run "guix pull".

Anyway, it's succeeded, so please disregard my original message.  Thank
you for all your responses!

--
Chris