guix-devel

Re: Clang c++ include path

From: Protonmail Bridge
Subject: Re: Clang c++ include path
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 03:17:16 +0000

So here’s my naive suggestion:

We should have a MAKE-CLANG-TOOLCHAIN procedure that, given a clang package, a
libc package, and a libc++ package (either libc++ or libstdc++), returns a
fully-working clang toolchain.

I did encounter some problems while attempting this as you can see here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2019-11/msg00042.html

As Mathieu pointed out in that thread, the problem is probably that clang
cannot find libstdc++ headers.

My first instinct is to use C{,PLUS}_INCLUDE_PATH and friends to solve this,
but I remember trying this and it not working… Perhaps this needs to be a flag
at compile/configure time for clang?

By the way, getting clang to work is the last piece I need to get Bitcoin Core
release builds fully working on Guix, so I’ll be focusing on this and would
appreciate any help I can get from you wizards!

Cheers,
Carl Dong