guix-devel

Re: gnu: python: Update to 3.8.0.

From: Tanguy Le Carrour
Subject: Re: gnu: python: Update to 3.8.0.
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 09:03:23 +0100

Hi Marius, hi Gábor!

Le 11/04, Gábor Boskovits a écrit :
> Tanguy Le Carrour <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. nov. 4., H,
> 11:50):
> > Le 11/04, Gábor Boskovits a écrit :
> > > Tanguy Le Carrour <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. nov. 4.,
> > […]
> > First time I hear of diffoscope! I had a look at the output (html
> > attached), but couldn't make sense of it!
> Nice, one thing that looks problematic is that there seems to be a mismatch
> in the hash.
>  At one line you can see the shabang modified to a different path...
> I don't yet know the reason of that, but it quite suspicious...
> One thing, when dealing with things like like this, one should first fix
> the readable differences,
> and only then dig deeper, as fixing those often cascade, and fix more than
> anticipated.

Sorry it took me so long, but I finally had some time yesterday evening to go
through the report!

I found 4 types of errors:

 1. `stat` reporting a different "Birth" for folders, which I assume are
    perfectly normal.
 2. different paths for `python3.8` in the shebang of some scripts.
 3. different paths in prefix for `python3.8` (some origin as above).
 4. everything else is "Max report size reached"!

I don't really know where to go from here? Am I supposed to investigate
errors of type 4?!

Regards,

--
Tanguy