guix-devel

Re: gnome-characters

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: gnome-characters
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 20:32:01 -0500

---- On Sat, 16 Nov 2019 19:50:12 -0500 Raghav Gururajan <address@hidden> wrote
----

 > Hello Guix!
 >
 > So I was able to successfully package 'gnome-characters'. The following
 > is the package definition. I have attacted the package definition
 > (gnome-characters.scm) with this email.
 >
 > This is the first time for me with packaging. Can anyone help me how to
 > move forward from here, to integrate this with guix upstream?

Maybe it could help to read the Contributing section in GNU Guix Reference
Manual
(https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Contributing.html#Contributing). You
will find packaging guidelines and information about submitting patches to add
your package. I haven't submitted any package myself yet, but I would start
there, and ask here in case of doubts.

Some things I noticed in your package definition:

• Indentation probably does not follow the coding style of Guix.
• Is the value for "home-page" correct? Maybe it should be
https://wiki.gnome.org/Design/Apps/CharacterMap instead?
• In origin's uri there seems to be an unnecessary use of "string-append", as
you are only passing one string (not appending two or more).

---
https://sirgazil.bitbucket.io/