guix-devel

Re: New POWER9 machines for the Guix build farm?

From: Brett Gilio
Subject: Re: New POWER9 machines for the Guix build farm?
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 22:01:06 -0600

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <address@hidden> writes:

> Fellow Guix,
>
> The Guix sysadmins are considering buying shiny hardware for the
> ci.guix.gnu.org build farm, and it would be awesome if that included
> our first POWER9 machine(s)!

I was curious the other day looking at multiarch compilation using the
qemu-binfmt service, is there support for POWER PC?

Anyways, I would love to see support for POWER9 come to Guix. I have
limited experience with this architecture, but I will keep lurking in
this thread.

Good luck!

--
Brett M. Gilio