guix-devel

Re: Packaging Jami progress

From: Jan
Subject: Re: Packaging Jami progress
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 19:02:35 +0100

On Tue, 03 Dec 2019 17:04:39 +0100
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I suppose that if you deleted the 'configure phase, it's because there
> is no ./configure file.
> Is there a bootstrap file?
There's no ./configure, nor ./bootstrap.

> You probably want to use "PREFIX=" (in all caps).
> Also see if the Makefile uses the DESTDIR variable, in which case you
> might want to set it to the default output instead of PREFIX.
> Look for PREFIX= and DESTDIR= in the Guix packages repository, you'll
> find lots of examples.
There's no DESTDIR, but changing "prefix=" to "PREFIX=" fixed the build.
Is this always the case, or is it dependent on how the makefile is
written? I saw an example with "prefix=" in the cookbook. What about
mentioning it in the cookbook?

Eventually it turns out this package wasn't breaking the build, but
libupnp was. I updated it to 1.8.3 (from 1.6.something), changed the
fetch metod from url-fetch from sourceforge (which is being considered
legacy by its developers(that's what they say on the website)) to
git-fetch from github (which is now an official repository). I also
added autotools, etc. because the package seems to require it now.

Anyway, building the latest Jami version works now. I'll send the
patches in my free (as in freedom) time :)
> Cheers!

Jan Wielkiewicz