guix-devel

Re: The Guix Days! (FOSDEM 2020)

From: Bengt Richter
Subject: Re: The Guix Days! (FOSDEM 2020)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 20:55:49 -0800

Hi Pjotr,

On +2019-12-10 06:43:51 -0600, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> FOSDEM is coming early February and not only are we organizing the GNU
> Guix days, we also have a devroom with exciting talks on Guile, Guix,
> and Mes! See
>
>   https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/FOSDEM2020
>
> and
>

> https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/track/minimalistic_experimental_and_emerging_languages/
>
> FOSDEM is the greatest free software conference on earth (in my opinion)
> and almost everyone who goes once keeps coming because there is
> something for everyone.
>
> See last years amazing program for Saturday:
>
>   https://archive.fosdem.org/2019/schedule/day/saturday/
>
> Both FOSDEM and Guix days are free to attend! The evening program is
> great too - you can find hacker nirvana.
>
> We can only receive up to 40 people for the Guix days (last year we
> had 35) and we need to reserve the catering. So, please sign up on the
> libreplanet link above, if you intend to come. If we happen to have
> too many people to attend the meeting the 40 who signed up have a
> guaranteed entry. If you don't want to subscribe to the wiki you can
> send us a request to add.
>
> Pjotr & Manolis.

Thanks for the links!

Looks super interesting, so I hope the minimalistic stuff especially
is recorded for later streaming.

I am going to try to come for the fringe plus FOSDEM,
though logistics may be tight for me (what if I am forced to be no-show?)

But if there is room for me in the 40, I would appreciate being added :)

--
Regards,
Bengt Richter