guix-devel

Re: qtwenengine anybody?

From: mike . rosset
Subject: Re: qtwenengine anybody?
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 07:19:15 -0800

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Mike, can you give some details (maybe one example) on how to replace the
> third-party dependencies?  What is holding it back?
>
> I could give it a go if need be.

I have not tackled this problem yet. I've mainly been focused on get the
package to build. I've fixed the most blaring issue. For example the
package now builds in parallel which improves build times significantly.

In terms of resolving the in tree dependencies. Some can be resolved
using QT configure flags. I don't think I've ported these over from my
module qtwebengine but I will check this when I have time.

The other third party dependencies might need header and gn
substitutions. A good place to start is the ugoogled-chromium package as
to how this is done. Though it might take more work for qtwebengine
because of QT configure and build changes. That's about as far as I got
with looking at this.

Mike