guix-devel

Re: extending the documentation of the Scheme API

From: Jesse Gibbons
Subject: Re: extending the documentation of the Scheme API
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 21:04:16 -0700

On Fri, 2019-12-20 at 23:17 +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> Hi Guix,
>
> we have lots of nice macros and procedures in Guix that aren’t
> documented beyond their docstrings.
>
> Should we snarf the docstrings and add them to the manual?
>
> --
> Ricardo

I don't care where it goes, but is there maybe a better place than the guix
manual?

Am I alone in thinking it makes sense to produce a "guix api reference
manual"? The guix manual is already fairly large. We can treat the guix
manual as a manual for setting up guix and using it from a shell, the guix
api reference manual as a reference for `guix repl` and more complex package
and service production.

This is just something I think we should consider.