guix-devel

Re: Packaging Jami progress

From: Jan
Subject: Re: Packaging Jami progress
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 12:57:45 +0100

On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 10:40:09 +0100
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is indeed your problem, I suspect that something broke the
> wrapper somehow.
> Can you share your patch set again?  I can have a look.
I didn't really break anything - it works when launching Jami normally
or using the ring.cx script or the jami-gnome script manually. ring.cx
starts both the daemon and the client using "jami-gnome", jami-gnome is
also a script, which exports the path and then starts
".jami-gnome-real". Jami works during normal use, but I couldn't debug
like this, because by passing only ".jami-gnome-real" which is a
binary, to gdb, the needed path wasn't exported.

> P.S.:  Have you managed to set up a public Git clone of Guix to share
> you patches?

Not yet, but can try today.

Jan Wielkiewicz