guix-devel

Re: Presentations for the Guix Days! (FOSDEM 2020)

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Presentations for the Guix Days! (FOSDEM 2020)
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 23:44:21 +0100

zimoun <address@hidden> writes:

> *If* I was not able to attend, I would like to be able to remotely ear
> the discussions. I do not know if the ICAB network can support small
> broadcast but I am in favor to at least try. :-)
>

> To be clear, we could stream only the sound and the screen when
> someone shows off with a nifty hack. ;-)
> Just share the live for people who cannot travel (visa, money, ecology, etc.).

The ICAB network is not reliable.  With that many participants you often
can’t even connect at all, so I don’t think it’s feasible to stream
anything at all, even if it’s just a terrible 8kHz audio stream ;)

> The 2 questions are:
>
>  1. Who can bring a good quality microphone?
>  2. What service could be used to webcast (voice+screen)? Jitsi?
>

> @Ricardo: I remember you proposed something around point 1. Is it
> still an option? Or not at all.

I’m not going to attend this time.  Without a reliable network the
answers to these two questions become irrelevant, in my opinion.

--
Ricardo