guix-devel

Re: Maintaining Jami #3

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Maintaining Jami #3
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 10:20:51 +0100

Hi Jan,

I tested the Jami package we have in upstream Guix:

- It fails to start on my desktop, it only works on my laptop.

- The client kept disconnecting.  I could send a few text messages here
  and there, but most of them didn't go through.

- I could not give an audio or video call.

- I can receive text messages perfectly.

- I can receive calls, but when I click on the "pick up" button, Jami
  crashes.

In general, Jami crashed _a lot_.  I wonder if it's upstream or if we
have something wrong with our package.

Did you have a similar experience?
Does your work fix any of those issues?

--