guix-devel

Re: Guile 3 migration plan

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guile 3 migration plan
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 22:29:09 +0100

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> skribis:

>>      Once we’re done, we can change (guix self) so that ‘guix pull’
>>      pulls Guix on Guile 3.
>
> The attached patch does that, I tested it with “make as-derivation”.
> I’ll do some more testing but unless I’m overlooking something, we can
> apply it anytime now.

The showstopper is that currently “guile3.0-guix” doesn’t build on all
arches:

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=guile3.0-guix

On AArch64, it’s test failures (that needs to be investigated, but I
suspect it’s nothing serious.)

However, on ARMv7, Guile 3.0 segfaults as it’s building:

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/log/8b8c0hxvm9qa5kff168vdr3943cc2s61-guile-next-3.0.0

That needs more work!

Ludo’.