guix-devel

Re: how to test service changes

From: Martin Becze
Subject: Re: how to test service changes
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 09:07:03 -0500

Thanks Nicolo, after adding my user to the kvm group that works!

On 1/22/20 2:50 AM, Nicolò Balzarotti wrote:
Hi Martin,

I think you can use ~./pre-inst-env guix system vm config.scm~ and test
the service there.

But maybe somebody else has better advices.

Thanks,
Nicolò

Martin Becze <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Guix,

I was in the processes of updating geoclue but I ran into a problem. I
don't know how to test the updated package on my system. geoclue is
installed by (geoclue-service) in my config.scm. How would I  go about
making `guix system reconfigure ./config.scm` use my updated package? Or
is there another way to replace the current geoclue with the newer one?

Thanks!
-Martin