guix-devel

Re: Starting 'core-updates'?

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Starting 'core-updates'?
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 09:55:08 +0100

Hello Marius,

Thanks for your great work. Concerning the first point about
cross-compilation, we are almost there, but I still have a few patches
to apply:

* Remove canonical-packages calls[1].

* Use a default target in most (guix gexp) procedures[2].

* Fix Guix itself cross-compilation. This means make sure that all
guile-* libraries that Guix depends on are cross-compilable. This is
almost done, it's just a matter of updating some package definitions.

As the second point is a bit tricky, I'd like to discuss it during Guix
Days.

Thanks,

Mathieu

[1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-01/msg00044.html