guix-devel

Re: Outreachy finance

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Outreachy finance
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 03:39:49 +0100

Hello,

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. febr. 11., Ke 23:42):

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <address@hidden> writes:

> Gábor,
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 8:39 PM, =?iso-8859-1?b?R+Fib3I=?= Boskovits
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I was convenient to add funding for one itern on my own, as it is a
>> prerequisite of community application.
>
> I'm afraid I don't understand this sentence.  Could you rephrase?

When applying on behalf of the Guix community to participate in
Outreachy, the community coordinator (this time this is Gábor) needs to
confirm that there are funds for at least one intern.

The community coordinator can declare that funding for more interns is
available, which would permit the Outreachy organizers to accept more
interns, which could then be accepted (or rejected) by the project
mentors.

We currently have two projects registered with Outreachy, IIUC, but we
have declared to only have funds for one intern.

The question is now, whether we can up that number by committing another
6,500 USD (?) to Outreachy.  The actual fee paid depends on how many
interns are accepted by us and how many of them finish their internship.

Gábor, please correct me if I wrote something wrong or misleading.

Thanks for the clarification, that is exactly what I ment. Everything above is correct, except that we have 3 projects listed, but we declared funds for only one intern.

--
Ricardo

Best regards,
g_bor