guix-devel

Re: Using the Hetzner Cloud

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: Using the Hetzner Cloud
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 12:58:32 +0100

Hello Alex,

Alex Sassmannshausen <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Now I use a different approach: deploy a debian server then use a
> guix-infect style script (gleaned from the guix deploy code for digital
> ocean).

could you please share that "guix-infect" script?

I think this could/should become an entry in our cookbook, in a similar
way NixOS does here:
https://nixos.wiki/wiki/NixOS_friendly_hosters#Hoster-agnostic_means_of_installation

[...]

> It's on my to do list to create a solid guix deploy server creation
> module for guix.

that's the long term solution and it'll be fantastic, IMHO it's still
interesting to show a "hoster agnostic means of installation" for Guix

Thanks! Gio'

[...]

--
Giovanni Biscuolo