guix-devel

Re: Towards reproducibly Jupyter notebooks with Guix-Jupyter

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Towards reproducibly Jupyter notebooks with Guix-Jupyter
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 19:20:42 +0100

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 at 19:11, Pjotr Prins <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 03:36:37PM +0100, zimoun wrote:
> > Hi Pjotr,
> >
> > On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 at 15:33, Pjotr Prins <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > I don't thing we have an R kernel yet for Jupyter. How hard would it
> > > be to add that? I have been using the Python version in class. It is
> > > great :). And you don't really need Jupyterhub for a class.
> >
> > Is ' r-irkernel' not what you want?
>
> Indeed. Thank you :). Why not call it something with jupyter in the name?

Because other kernels are named: python-ipykernel or ruby-iruby.
Another: python-pari-jupyter.
And another other: jupyter-guile-kernel.
Well, there is no real convention yet, if I understand correctly.

A good move should to start a gnu/packages/jupyter.scm to put all the
Jupyter related machinery inside... I do not know.

All the best,
simon