guix-devel

Re: [GSOC 2020] Improving the manual?

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: [GSOC 2020] Improving the manual?
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 19:39:46 -0500

 ---- On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 19:22:17 -0500 Leandro Doctors <address@hidden> wrote
----
 > On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 at 11:44, zimoun <address@hidden> wrote:
 > > Are you using Guix yet?
 > >
 > > If no, the first easy step is to install the "package manager".
 > [...]
 >
 > Thanks for the instructions, Simon!
 > I have just successfully installed Guix :-)
 >

 > > If yes, the easy way to start is:
 > > git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
 >
 > > from the note in the manual
 > > http://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Binary-Installation.html#Binary-Installation
 >
 > While cloning the guix repo above, I found a minor omission in the
 > documentation. However, I could not find its repo in the list from the
 > Savannah group [1] in order to fix it and create a pull/merge request
 > or patch...
 >
 > [1]: https://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=guix
 >

 > Could anyone please point me to in the manual repo?

The documentation is in the same repository of the guix source code (see the
doc directory).

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/doc

 > Besides... Where
 > could I find documentation on the workflow for working on the manual
 > proper so I can actually send my patch? I could not find it in the
 > online manual version [2]...

I don't think there are specific steps to work in the manual, but a general
section on Contributing (see
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Contributing.html#Contributing).

I guess you could create a patch and send it to guix-patches as decribed in
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html#Submitting-Patches.