guix-devel

Re: Missing substitutes and TIMEOUT property (Racket, MAME)

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Missing substitutes and TIMEOUT property (Racket, MAME)
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 14:48:18 +0100

Pierre,

Pierre Neidhardt 写道:
Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

The logs of the failing builds should say if the failure was caused by timeout or exceeding the maximum "silent time" (time without any output
from the build).

If I look at failed builds for Racket or MAME, I get this:

http://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/2290964/details
http://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/2293173/details

It says

Status  Failed (dependency)

Cuirass should link to the failing dependencies for further inspection, but doesn't (yet?). You have to guess. It's fun.

and does not have any logs.

Since these builds were never attempted, they never produced any logs. I think that's the correct approach.

This is also why blindly raising time-outs for these packages isn't the solution: there's nothing to time out.

Something is fishy.

Not fishy, just -ETODO.

Kind regards,

T G-R