guix-devel

Re: Building R Packages

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: Building R Packages
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:12:20 -0500

 ---- On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 22:13:00 -0500 sirgazil <address@hidden> wrote ----
 >  ---- On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 21:44:58 -0500 sirgazil <address@hidden> wrote ----
 >  > Hi, Daniela
 >  >
 >  >  ---- On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 07:34:37 -0500 Daniela Lura <address@hidden>
 > wrote ----
 >  >  > Yes I have and the same thing happens.
 >  >  > When I use: `guix environment --pure guix --ad-hoc coreutils findutils
 > which`I am sent to another shell and it can't recognize pre-inst-env.
 >  >
 >  > Did you run the recommended commands shown in
 > https://guix.gnu.org/videos/packaging,-part-one/index.html before running
 > "./pre-inst-env"?
 >  >

 > Actually, I just pull the guix repository and make fails with the following
 > error (other people on #guix see the same error):

Daniela, just in case you are not subscribed to the guix-devel list, someone
else reported the issue and there is a workaround in the following message:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-03/msg00341.html

I saw several warnings during the process, but after "make" finished I could
run guix commands prepending them with "./pre-inst-env".

Hope that helps.