[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 20:41:32 +0100
The 'core-updates' branch is now in a "feature freeze" after a long ...
thawing period. That means that there will be no more world rebuilding
changes apart from bug fixes[*].
It is expected to start the full rebuild in a few days once the
bootstrap is complete on AArch64 and ARMv7, which are unfortunately
lacking in compute power at the moment (side note: if you have hardware
to spare, consider donating!).
The branch currently represents 676 commits by 26 people. Some
highlights from this round:
* Guix runs natively on GNU/Hurd.
* Guix System can be cross-compiled for foreign architectures.
* The distribution is built with Guile 3.0.
* GNOME 3.34 (on a separate branch, will get merged shortly).
Significant package updates:
* glibc 2.31
* Python 3.8.2
* Ruby 2.6.5
* TeX Live 2019
Other changes that may require adjusting third-party channels:
* "libjpeg" has been deprecated in favor of "libjpeg-turbo".
* "util-linux" gained a "lib" output for significant size savings.
* Build systems now set C_INCLUDE_PATH and CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH instead of
* Any package that uses libcurl now respects SSL_CERT_DIR and
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this branch. Let the rebuilds
[*] There are problems with OpenSSL 1.1.1e and we might take on 1.1.1f
if it is released before the full rebuild starts:
Description: PGP signature