guix-devel

Re: Hyperlinks!

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: Hyperlinks!
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 13:51:09 +0200

Hello,

On 13/04/2020 12:58, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Scheme code snippets in the on-line manual now have hyperlinks for all
the symbols documented in the manual:

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Using-the-Configuration-System.html
   https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Defining-Packages.html

Wow, awesome !

I had in my todo list to create an issue about that subject.

Hyperlinks are such an amazing invention!

Yes, definitely !

I’d like to extend it to include references to the Guile manual, so that
one could click on, say, ‘append’, but there might be too many false
positives at that point.  And then we would need DrRacket fanciness to
be able to determine what an identifier really refers to…

Yes that would be very nice from a guix / guile / scheme newbie
PoV, even if not perfect.

Thanks a lot !

--
Vincent Legoll