guix-devel

Possibly incorrect dependency in go-1.4 package

From: Josh Marshall
Subject: Possibly incorrect dependency in go-1.4 package
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 07:34:09 -0400

Hello,

I am trying to build tusd, as per the instructions in the git repo.  This fails with `ld` being unable to find "crt1.o" and "crti.o", and is using gcc 7.4.0.  I do not have gcc-7.4.0 installed on my profile, and I do have glibc and gcc-toolchain installed.  The gcc version I have access to is 9.3.0.

It appears that go is an alias for go-1.13, which is a modification of go-1.4.  go-1.4 has most of the package definition, and the native input gcc:lib.  I think this needs to be removed, and a propagated input for gcc-toolchain added.  However, I think I'm almost right and have something wrong somewhere.