guix-devel

Re: Towards a graphical installer?

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Towards a graphical installer?
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 11:28:29 +0200

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 09:20:36AM +0200, Mathieu Othacehe wrote:
> I think switching to a DE based installer could

Every reason you list is a good reason.

> * Allow the user to browse for some questions or contact #guix while in
>   the installation process.

Hmm what I don’t like about heavyweight live images is that there are
so many possibilities and they make so many decisions on what is the
default.  Currently I can guix install the programs I actually want.
Oh well.  Maybe not preinstall all those apps, be it an IRC client, a
Web browser, GNUnet or whatever we like, but instead have the user
choose to install them?

Regards,
Florian