guix-devel

Re: Out-of-date Mesa

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Out-of-date Mesa
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 11:47:43 +0200

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I see that our Mesa 19.3.4 is out-of-date.  20.0.0 was released last February
> and
> 20.0.7 was released on May 14th:
>
> https://mesa3d.org/

The 'staging' branch has Mesa 20.0.7.

> I'm wondering why a recent Mesa wasn't including in the last core-update
> merge.  Any specific reason?

Because 'core-updates' has has been "frozen" for a long time, and
concerns itself with more low-level packages.

Mesa typically gets updated on 'staging' despite the massive rebuild
count.  But no one has made the effort to update Mesa until recently.

The Vulkan packages are probably out of date too, as Rutger appears to
have moved on.  Help wanted!