guix-devel

Re: Makefile logic to create Guix documentation

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Makefile logic to create Guix documentation
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 17:02:17 +0200

Hi,

Speaking about Makefile and Guix documentation, I have remarked things
(maybe I am doing wrong) that annoys me time to time.

1. "make info" is not self consistent.

./doc/guix.texi:11297: @include: could not find os-config-bare-bones.texi
./doc/guix.texi:11438: @include: could not find os-config-desktop.texi
./doc/guix.texi:11445: @include: could not find
os-config-lightweight-desktop.texi
make[1]: *** [Makefile:4078: doc/guix.info] Error 1

2. I am always confused how to generate the EPS/PNG of "doc/images" and
   generally I end up with "make ... wait C-c".

3. The modified PO files under "po/{guix,packages}/" hangs Magit and
   then Emacs so generally I have to restore them before going back to
   Magit.

I am not enough annoyed to unwrap the logic of Makefile and propose a
patch but if someone is visiting the topic... Or maybe a tips for
improving my workflow. :-)

All the best,
simon