guix-devel

Re: [OUTREACHY]: Integration of desktop environments into GNU Guix

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: [OUTREACHY]: Integration of desktop environments into GNU Guix
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 00:40:28 +0200

Hi RG,

* In ruby-slim: Why are tests disabled?  There are tests.
* In libmpeg3: Could you unbundle a52dec-0.7.3?  It's bundled right now.
* In flux, a git commit is used.  We usually don't package non-releases.
  Is there a good reason?

* 0019-gnu-Add-asciidoctor.patch does some other stuff to other packages, and
that
fact isn't mentioned in the commit log in the patch.  Why not?

* If nng is compatible with nanomsg, why do we need the "nanomsg" package at
all?

* In tesseract-ocr you propagate leptonica.  Why?
  If we did that, users that would install tesseract for the "tesseract" binary
  would get leptonica in their profile.
  Is it necessary?

* ccextractor still has a XXX.  Does it work?

* In libtimidity, what's the problem with libtimidity using its own "play"
binary?  I would expect the package to test itself like that...

* In faac, what do the comments "Newer code" and "Older code" mean?

* In flite, there are tests, but they fail.

* In libopenmpt, why does it propagate zlib?  That sounds wrong.

For ruby-slim there IS a "test" subdirectory--so why are they disabled?

For the time being I've not applied any of those patches since it's difficult
to leave some off and still be able to apply the others.

I have applied most of the patches in your patchset of your previous E-Mail.