guix-devel

Re: Internationalization Support for the Guix Data Service Outreachy Pro

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Internationalization Support for the Guix Data Service Outreachy Project
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:32:32 +0200

Hi Danjela,

I’m late to the party (as always when it comes to email :-)) but here’s
some feedback!

Daniela Lura <danielaluraa@gmail.com> skribis:

> I'm following up to give an update on how the "Improve Internationalization
> Support for Guix Data Service" Outreachy project has been going.
> Translated versions of lint checkers and package synopsis and descriptions
> are now present in the database and they're also available through the Guix
> Data Service web interface.
> They can be accessed in these pages:
> Lint Warnings:
> -
> https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/latest-processed-revision/lint-warnings

Nice!  Did you consider honoring the language HTTP headers of the client
to default to the user-chosen language?

[...]

> The availability of translated packages synopsis and descriptions for each
> locale can be found here:
> https://data.guix.gnu.org/revision/054153b28cea697d0439127ffdea4aadfd5c2e0a/packages-translation-availability

That’s really cool!  Well it also shows just how much translation work
is left.  ;-)

Is there a version of this URL pointing to the latest revision?  We
could link to it from the “Contributing” page of the web site.

> Here you can find an outline of the project:
> https://github.com/spf50/data-service/projects/1

Very nice to see you were able to go through all these items.

Thumbs up on the design and implementation of all these things!

Ludo’.