guix-devel

Guix containers 'advertised' in git repos

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Guix containers 'advertised' in git repos
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 12:36:58 +0200

We are using Guix containers for deployment and software development.
I was thinking it would be nice to advertise them in the git repos.

Maybe we can standardise on that. What I have now is have a file

  .git-deploy

for deployment. E.g.,
https://github.com/encryption4genetics/HEGP-website/blob/master/.guix-deploy

and

  .git-dev

for development. E.g.,
https://github.com/genetics-statistics/GEMMA/blob/master/.guix-dev

These are just examples and can be generalised with a manifest. And
I should probable use plain guix instead of ~/opt/guix/bin/guix ;).

But maybe we can document a 'standard' for people to follow that allow
for quickly finding the build using guix and deploying with a single
command

    sh .guix-deploy