guix-devel

Setuid programs

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Setuid programs
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 08:34:45 +0200

Hello guix,

I would like to propose an extension to how setuid programs are
currently handled. The last time I checked it could only do setuid and
setgid root. Some services, such as postfix need a more fine grained
setuid setup. I would propose a record type, such as:
(setuid
(program setuid-program)
(setuid setuid-setuid)
(setgid setuid-setgid)
(user setuid-user)
(group setuid-group))

So that there is more fine grained control.

I would also propose to move this to the services framework, so that
services could extend this field on demand.

Wdyt?

Best regards,
g_bor
--
OpenPGP Key Fingerprint: 7988:3B9F:7D6A:4DBF:3719:0367:2506:A96C:CF63:0B21