guix-devel

Re: How to build Guix to send a patch when Guix build fails?

From: Jesse Gibbons
Subject: Re: How to build Guix to send a patch when Guix build fails?
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 08:53:09 -0600

On 10/1/20 8:01 AM, zimoun wrote:
On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 at 15:37, Jesse Gibbons <jgibbons2357@gmail.com> wrote:

./bootstrap
#unfortunately the next critical line is not in the manual
./configure --localstatedir=/var
It is in the manual, see:

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Requirements
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Building-from-Git

Well, since it is a common mistake, what could be improved?

All the best,
simon
My mistake. I keep forgetting to double-check the manual hasn't been changed since I last consulted it. I also forgot to change the subject, and swapped the to and cc headers. I guess today isn't my day...