guix-devel

Re: Guix Europe yearly assembly minutes increasing membership

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: Guix Europe yearly assembly minutes increasing membership
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 12:59:39 -0400

In this email you include some of guix's finances.  Should we guix
mention this membership option on the website?  To encourage more
members, what if guix offered membership that included some perks?  The
FSF has such perks when you sign up to be a member.

On the guix site, we could offer some of the web services that guix
already provides.  Depending on what service, the user has to pay so
much to get the perk.  1

One quick way to do this, may be to sign the user up to be a member of
the FSF.  Becoming a member of guix, would transparently sign them up to
be an associate member of the FSF, which would give them the 5 email
aliases, an irc nick, and I think a meet.jit.si instance.

What do ya'll think?

Joshua

1  I've got an example webpage at my site: https://gnucode.me/services.html

--