guix-devel

Re: Update on the timeline for the release v1.2.

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Update on the timeline for the release v1.2.
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 21:27:01 +0200

Thank you zimoun for managing all this!  About the string freeze:

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 08:26:31PM +0200, Miguel Ángel Arruga Vivas wrote:
> zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> writes:
> > The proposed coming timeline is:
> >
> >  - freeze starting the Oct. 26th
> >  - last round for testing all over the week
> >  - unfreeze the Oct. 29th and then create the branch
> >  - minor bug fixes and all the papeword around (NEWS, blog, etc.)
> >  - release Nov. 6th.
> >
> > Does this timeline sound good,
> >
> > @Mathieu: to generate the various images?
> > @Marius: to merge staging?
> > @Translators: about the string-freeze,  almost 2 weeks?
>
> From my side everything is A-OK, 2 weeks is more than enough to
> translate the delta with pre1 and to make the final fine-tune; more than
> that shouldn't be expected for the freeze period.  I hope I can do some
> extra work too... :)
>
> Happy hacking!
> Miguel
>

>From my side such a long string freeze is not needed, but perhaps a
long freeze is useful for other languages’ translators.  I don’t know.
I regularly sync my translation with a POT file from git master:

cd ~/src/guix
git pull
make doc-pot-update
msgmerge --previous --no-wrap --lang=de old-translations.po
~/src/guix/po/doc/guix-manual.pot > new-translations.po

Regards,
Florian