guix-devel

Re: Linux-Libre-LTS

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Linux-Libre-LTS
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 09:47:57 +0200

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 11:32:08PM -0400, Raghav Gururajan wrote:
> Hello Guix!
>
> I think it is good to have a package-variable "linux-libre-lts", as
> mentioned in the table at https://jxself.org/linux-libre/
>
> This way, users don't have to remember and change the version numbers in
> their operating-system-configuration or package-manifest, whenever there is
> new LTS release.
>
> Thoughts?

I was waiting for the kernel code reorganization before adding it as a
variable. The trick is to add also linux-libre-lts-source and all the
others, and in a useful location. Now it's just taking the time to add
it in somewhere.

Do you want to take a stab at it? I'm not sure when I'll get around to
it.