guix-devel

Outdated avr-toolchain

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: Outdated avr-toolchain
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 12:47:18 +0530

Hi,

Our avr-toolchain is very old and outdated. Our version is 5.5.0,
whereas the latest seems to be 10.2.0. We also have multiple versions of
the avr-toolchain packages along with functions to produce those
multiple versions. Can we remove these functions and different versions,
and keep only one latest version of the avr-toolchain?

I have an old patchset[1] to this effect, but I didn't want to proceed
without a discussion. I was concerned that there might be a use, for all
these different versions, that I did not comprehend.

[1]: https://issues.guix.info/issue/39918

Thanks,
Arun