guix-devel

Talk/BoF proposal: From v1.2 to release process

From: zimoun
Subject: Talk/BoF proposal: From v1.2 to release process
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 15:20:44 +0100

Dear,

Since I cannot be the judge on my own proposal, I send it here.

The proposal is:

 * Numbers of release v1.2
 * Opinionated features of v1.2
 * Propose a process to smooth releasing

The idea is to present how healthy Guix is by showing some numbers; let
release the statistician in me.  Then what are my favorite new features;
let release the user in me.  Last, propose a release process; let
release the contributor in me.

The Q&A (30min) would be about how to implement and test one release
process.  I have already my opinion and I would like to discuss it.

WDYT?

All the best,
simon