guix-devel

Re: GNU Guix 1.2.0rc1 available for testing!

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: GNU Guix 1.2.0rc1 available for testing!
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 12:47:53 +0100

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 10:12:09AM +0100, Mathieu Othacehe wrote:
> Many thanks (again) for your help here! According to the backtrace you
> sent earlier in this thread, it looks like the crash occurs in the
> "free-parted" procedure.
>
> This procedure tries to unallocate Parted resources and waits for the
> partition table changes to be synchronized to disk. The
> "with-delay-device-in-use?" tries 4 times every 250ms to detect if the
> device is still in use.
>
> Maybe it takes longer on your HW to synchronize the partition tables. If
> you could test the attached patch on top of 1.2.0 it would be terrific.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mathieu

Thank you for the quick patch!  Clearly you have been spot-on.
“Partition formatting is in progress, please wait” is displayed
considerably longer but eventually succeeds.  I tried 3 times
successfully with your patch.  I tried again without your patch and it
failed.  I tried once more with your patch and formatting succeeded
again.

(Install failed due to a loss of network connectivity and restarting
is impossible, but that is less important, normally all works.)

Regards,
Florian