guix-devel

Re: Release: Docker Image? DockerHub? skopeo?

From: Carlo Zancanaro
Subject: Re: Release: Docker Image? DockerHub? skopeo?
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 09:05:30 +1100

Hey Danny,

On Wed, Nov 18 2020, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
Hmm, maybe I'm misunderstanding what Docker compose does entirely.

Reading the docs it seems to just manage multiple isolated Docker images and deploy new ones?

Yep, that's all it does. It lets you link together ports and volumes, and expose ports to the host machine, but it doesn't do anything particularly magical. I think it only does things that you could have done by starting images with the right docker invocations.

What then is used to do the equivalent of a guix profile with multiple packages in a Docker image?

I don't think there is a way to compose multiple docker images into a single image.

Carlo