guix-devel

Re: GNU Guix 1.2.0rc2 available for testing!

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: GNU Guix 1.2.0rc2 available for testing!
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 09:34:46 +0100

Hi!

> +`--with-c-toolchain`, and `--without-tests`.  Consider this example:

Oh, I didn't notice we had a --without-tests now, good to know!

I remember asking about such an option a while back, but this was
refused on the ground that it would encourage untested builds if I
recall correctly (I can look up the email again if you insist ;p).

So what's the rationale behind this change of position?

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/