guix-devel

Re: [address@hidden: [GANDI] guixsd.org expires in 60 days]

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: [address@hidden: [GANDI] guixsd.org expires in 60 days]
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2020 17:25:58 +0100

Guix,

I believe that consistently redirecting[0] these old names to guix.gnu.org makes them much less harmful to keep around, and better than giving up control completely.

If cost is a pain point, note that Gandi's current annual renewal price of €19 isn't the lowest around.

Ludovic Courtès 写道:
Interestingly, we received bug reports for 1.2.0 where people referred to the system as “GuixSD”. The name is still often used in fora.

It's quite common on #guix as well. I wish we could configure sneek to react to certain keywords. No one enjoys playing the broken record, and people tolerate more pedantry from bots than from humans.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/commit/?id=c85e128e11d3ba060ae3a6e01da20f531b42d6ef