guix-devel

Re: Help, and get help reviewing patches this Friday (18th)

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Help, and get help reviewing patches this Friday (18th)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 17:56:38 +0100

Hi!

Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> skribis:

> I mentioned in [1] that some "Scheduled and regular collaboration on IRC
> to review patches" might help both get some patches reviewed, but help
> get more people involved in reviewing patches, even if they haven't done
> so before.
>
> 1: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-11/msg00583.html
>
> The suggestion came to do this on a Friday, and I have some time
> tomorrow (Friday the 18th) that I can set aside to be on IRC and try and
> help.

I’ve done a bit of that earlier today.

Friday’s not over, so you can help!  For example:

  • If you submitted a patch and it hasn’t been reviewed yet, ping
    committers on #guix and let’s discuss it live!

  • If you’re a committer, take a look at patches of yours that have
    been reviewed but not pushed yet (there are quite a few!).

  • If you’re interested in someone else’s patch, ping people and
    provide feedback to help pull it off.

Ludo’.