guix-devel

Re: PowerShell core?

From: Bengt Richter
Subject: Re: PowerShell core?
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 17:57:45 +0100

Hi Yasu,

On +2021-02-02 18:29:25 +0900, Yasuaki Kudo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just curious, is there any interest in making PowerShell core available for
> Guix?
>
> I have become quite fond of Powershell over the years (I say Powershell is
> almost synonymous with IT worker rights - gives poor workers in sorry corners
> of corporate world [those who are abandoned without adequate tools to get the
> job done - because Windows is always there and Powershell comes with it!] a
> huge productivity lift 😄)
>
> https://devblogs.microsoft.com/powershell/powershell-core-6-0-generally-available-ga-and-supported/
>
> Cheers,
> Yasu

"Just curious", what do you hope will be the effect of your post?

What functionality in PowerShell provides you with "a huge productivity lift"
that you think is missing in the linux world?

Who do you think is "...abandoned without adequate tools to get the job
done..." ?

If the "huge productivity lift" exists, are you proposing an independent
implementation,
or a guix package with microsoft-maintained sources as an upstream dependency ;/
(I didn't go to the powershell URL, sorry :)

"I have become quite fond of Powershell over the years ..."
Um, sounds like years of compromise (I don't mean technical, idk Powershell) :-p
(Ok, sometimes a job you need for subsistence (or luxury/addiction) requires
compromise, or no job).

"Windows is always there and Powershell comes with it!"

Is that a sales pitch ?? For what?
Caveat emptor!

"I say Powershell is almost synonymous with IT worker rights..."

Sounds political -- something lost in translation?

Sorry if I totally misread your post.

--
Regards,
Bengt Richter