guix-devel

Re: Changes to the branching workflow

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Changes to the branching workflow
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 15:17:34 -0500

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 08:34:34PM +0100, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote:
> Ah, there's my blind spot.  What kinds of mistakes?  When is it harmful to
> push to the open branch?

Mistakes caused by lack of communication about the status of the
branches.

During the recent staging cycle, people kept pushing patches to the
branch after it was frozen.

After the recent staging cycle, before staging-next was renamed to
staging, people pushed changes to a new staging branch, ignoring the
staging-next branch. I had to clean that up.

What do you think? Should we stick with the plan I wrote in the manual?
Or change it?